Off The Beaten Track
Based in Kiel, Germany
The Cost of Recovery is a third-person narrative adventure game that lets you experience the different perspectives and emotional journeys of four protagonists when one of them suddenly suffers a stroke. We all have our own ways of dealing with difficult situations but rarely have the chance to put ourselves into each other’s perspective. Take control of Abigail, Noah, Hailey, and Liam to experience their stories through exploration, puzzle-solving, dialogue, and contextual vignette games that are designed to evoke specific emotions and put you into the protagonist’s shoes. Can they all get through this together or will everything start to fall apart?
Off The Beaten Track is an indie game developer, creating video games that make you feel.
- Third-person adventure gameplay mixed with diverse vignette games.
- A mature, personal, and nuanced story that goes deep into internal conflicts.
- Experience different perspectives by playing as four different characters.
- Short but sweet: the game is designed to last about two play sessions.
- no fighting, take your time, play at your own pace
announcement trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Off The Beaten Track
Off The Beaten Track is an indie video game developer located in Kiel, Germany.
More information on Off The Beaten Track, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Cost of Recovery Credits