We are a small team of developers with different backgrounds and life philosophies. At Off The Beaten Track, we believe that everybody on the team has the same value – which is why everybody is being paid the same salary. We are seeking to create a diverse work culture, and thus applicants with underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged!
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you’re looking for an internship since those positions aren’t usually advertised here.
Generalist 3D Artist
We’re currently looking for a 3D artist who will help us in the development of our game projects like The Cost of Recovery. This is a paid full-time position. Remote work is possible but the ability to attend our irregular in-person meetings in Kiel would be a big plus.
- You are passionate about narrative video games and, like us, believe that games can make a difference
- You are a talented 3D artist with an impressive portfolio
- Like us, you are constantly developing and improving your skills and you are passionate about learning new things and sharing your knowledge
- You know your way around Unity and git.
- You are a great team player – even in a distributed world like ours
What you’ll do
Since you’ll be our only full-time 3D artist, your skills include character- and environment art, lighting, rigging, animation, texturing, etc. We understand that nobody is an uber-person who can do everything incredibly well, but knowing how all these things work, wearing many different hats, and being able to adapt to different needs will be a part of your job description. We’re currently using Blender and the Affinity suite for most of these things, but that is flexible.
How to apply
Please send a link to your portfolio and a short introductory email to email@example.com. The portfolio is the most important piece of your application – if you feel like additional documents will be helpful for us when we’re making our decision, please send them in as well.
We can’t wait to hear from you!